Saturday 21 July 2012

Touring through Prensky's Ideas.

Prensky’s theories centre on ideas that the students of today are a different generation. Because of the fact that our students grew up with so much technology in their lives they need to have technology in their classrooms to be able to learn to the best of their abilities. I agree with Prensky’s theories and ideas due to the fact that I myself have grown up with some of the technologies that the kids today have. Although the technology I use now is a lot more advanced to the technology I grew up with, I believe I am a lot more comfortable with this technology than say, my mum or my grandmother. In saying this, my mum and grandmother have adapted to the technologies on the market today with both of them owning their own ipad and iphone. It just goes to show that whether a technological immigrant or a technological native nearly all of us in today’s society need technology. This is why Prensky’s writings are so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment